White Dwarf is Games Workshop's premium Warhammer magazine, packed with amazing content every month – including new rules and background, short stories, regular columns, special guests, and more.
Here’s what you can look forward to in the July issue:
- Contact! Letters, questions and pictures of miniatures sent in by you, our readers.
- Worlds of Warhammer Where are heroes born, and how are legends created? Phil Kelly looks at special characters.
- Inside the Studio A look at the models we’ve been painting and the games we’ve been playing in the studio.
THE WHITE DWARF BUNKER - Access Granted! An introduction to the White Dwarf Bunker, and your invitation to become a part of it. This new monthly feature offers activities, articles, leagues, and toolkits that Warhammer clubs and gaming groups around the globe can use and follow along with each month. Come join us in the Bunker, and become part of the biggest Warhammer club in the world!
- Challenges Provides the Painting Challenge for the month, a table for future months with times and dates to send photos by, and explains the Bunker ranks that readers can follow alongside to complete challenges.
- The Combat Patrol League Gather your gaming group, and take part in our three-month Warhammer 40,000 Combat Patrol League! This League is designed for players to join in with their gaming group, providing players with titles and guidance for keeping score.
- Scenarios of the Month A new mission for Warhammer 40,000 and a new battleplan for Warhammer Age of Sigmar, plus a Warcry campaign with three matched play missions.
- Basic Training Gaming and tactical advice! This issue, things to watch out for in the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. Stephen Box returns from Vanguard Tactics to provide a tactical look at some of the new game mechanics.
- Hobby Hangout Regular army painting advice. This time, we look at getting your Tyranids ready for battle.
- Satellite Uplink News and painting challenge entries from Bunker satellite clubs around the world. The Bunker highlights hobbyists, clubs, and hobby stores from around the world and showcases their painted miniatures. Also includes hobby updates from the Warhammer Studio team.
WARHAMMER 40,000 - Project X The games designers tell all about the tenth edition of Warhammer 40,000. Robin Cruddace and Rich Butler deep dive the new edition and highlight some of the exciting changes.
- The Tyrannic Wars Fear not these Tyranids – they are no threat! So says Stenosavant Thoramanda Lhyng! Read all about the Tyranids – and the Imperial propaganda surrounding them – in this lore packed feature.
- The Leviathan In-depth designers’ notes on the Tyranids and Space Marines in the Leviathan box set. Sam Dinwiddy and Dom Murray provide insights on the Space Marines and Tyranids found inside the Leviathan launch box.
- Battle Report: First Contact The Ultramarines battle Hive Fleet Leviathan in the first White Dwarf Battle Report for the new edition!
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR - A Tale of Four Warlords Four new warlords begin their quest, this time in the Mortal Realms! Meet all four warlords, and their armies of choice.
- Ark Arcana Dig into a lore-filled feature on the divinities of the realms. A treatise on the worship of deities, the nature of gods, and whether they can be slain.
- Fantastic Warhosts: The Sylvaneth Branch out and explore the nature of the Sylvaneth in this gallery of verdant hobby
WARHAMMER UNDERWORLDS - Glory Points The tactical pairing of Rivals decks with warbands is a key part of the format – but who are the most Toxic Terrors? Dave Saunders once again provides his tactical insight to Warhammer Underworlds, this time looking at Rivals decks.
NECROMUNDA - The Great Storm In part four of White Dwarf's Necromunda campaign, a dust storm hits Cinderak City.
BLOOD BOWL - The Forge Bowl 25 coaches. One massive Blood Bowl league. But who’ll lift the trophy (or wooden spoon)? The start of a massive Forge Bowl League begins.
BLACK LIBRARY - Grombrindal: Ancestor's Burden –Bitter Oaths Two men, two duardin and an aelf wonder if they’ve witnessed the demise of Grombrindal. The final part of the Grombrindal short story series by Chris Thursten.
Each physical copy of issue 490 comes with a cardboard insert including a quick start guide for the new edition of Warhammer 40,000, plus a free Stratagem card, 2x Bunker Challenge cards, 2x Paint Recipe cards, 2x Scenario of the Month reference card, and a Contest of Warlords battlepack for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.