White Dwarf is Games Workshop's premium Warhammer magazine, packed with amazing content every month – including new rules and background, short stories, regular columns, special guests, and more.
Here’s what you can look forward to in the May issue:
- Contact! Letters, questions and pictures of miniatures sent in by you, our readers.
- Worlds of Warhammer A look at the wonderful world of online narrative gaming.
- Inside the Studio A look at the models we’ve been painting and the games we’ve been playing in the studio.
WARHAMMER 40,000 - FlashpointHerald of Misery: The Rite of Echoes New background and a wealth of new rules and missions for Boarding Action games. Includes rules for 2 different types of Unstable Structure Tiles, Structural Weak Points and Hazardous Areas, and 6 Heart of The Ark Boarding Actions Missions.
- FlashpointHerald of MiseryBattle Report: The End Game The Blood Angels and Tome Keepers fight their final, fateful battle on the Herald of Misery against the Bronzewrought Iron Warriors in this 1000-points per side, 2 vs 2, Boarding Actions Battle Report.
- FlashpointHerald of Misery: The Last Gasp Can Epistolary Rhalion save the survivors of his strike force in this short story?
- Galactic War Hosts: Blood Angels Celebrate the Sons of Sanguinius in all their noble, angelic, and sometimes bloodthirsty glory!
- Echoes from the Warp Duncan discusses evocative settings, maps, interconnectivity and gibbing fools.
- Angelic Rebirth Datasheets for Commander Dante and Lion El’Jonson, Primarch of the Dark Angels!
WARHAMMER AGE OF SIGMAR - Flashpoint Rondhol: Heart of the Quake The people of Everquake City struggle to survive against the monsters of Ghur.
- Flashpoint Clash: The Butcher’s Bill It’s the Bloodgullet Mawtribe versus the Daughters of Khaine, as they advance upon Har Kuron. Blood will flow, as this Campaign Arc provides bespoke campaign rules including Realm Rules for the Charrwind Coast, and a bespoke Battleplan.
- Rules of Engagement Using narrative games to create battlefield stories with your opponents.
- Illuminations: The Big Picture Studio artist Thomas Elliott delves into the process behind illustrating the Sons of Behemat.
WARCRY - Predator and Prey Available for the first time outside of the Bloodhunt box, White Dwarf presents a wealth of Warcry rules and lore for the monastic Soulblight vampires of the Askurgan Trueblades and the Flesh Hound-worshipping Claws of Karanak. You'll find background material, three quests, a quest battleplan, six Artefacts of Power, six Heroic Traits, a bespoke Encampment Location, 11 Lesser Artefacts, and Fighter Background Tables for each of the two warbands.
NECROMUNDA - The Two Tunnels Ablaze The third part of the studio’s Necromunda campaign continues into the close confines of Two Tunnels.
BLACK LIBRARY - Grombrindal: Ancestor’s Burden –King Osgek’s Prize The saga of the mysterious white-bearded ancestor continues in this issue’s serialised short story by Chris Thursten.
Each physical copy of issue 488 comes with a cardboard insert including six double-sided Unstable Structure cards for use in Warhammer 40,000 Herald of Misery missions.